- Tabloid Newspaper
- Printed on Newsprint Paper
- 30 500 Copies Distributed Weekly
- Frequency: Weekly Wednesday
- Target Audience: Local Community
- Area of Distribution: Albermarle, Castleview, Crywagen Park, Dania Park, Creston, Delville, Dinwiddie, Driehoek, Elsburg, Elspark, Estera, Fishershill, Gerdview, Germiston, Germiston South, Gosforth, Hazeldene, Homestead, Lambton, Malvern East, Marlands, Mimosa, Parkhills Gardens, Primrose, Primrose East, Rondebult, Simmerfield, Solheim, Sunnyridge, Symhurst, Tedstonville, Webber, Deniff, Woodmere, Wychwood
Germiston began life as town that sprung up to house the many miners who were required to unearth Gauteng’s rich mineral wealth. Fast forwarding to the present, the demographics of contemporary Germiston have grown wide and diverse, including many ethnicities, socio-economic groups, religious affiliations and age groups. On a trip around the city, one should see everything from palatial houses to small temporary dwellings.
The Germiston City News is the city’s premier local newspaper, enjoying a truly impressive penetration in its area of distribution (79%, to be exact). The mission of the publication was established many years ago, and the editorial team has worked tirelessly to meet the high standards the Germiston City News has set for itself. Journalistic excellence and integrity have been key to the newspaper’s continued success, and readers rely on the Germiston City News for credible reporting on local and community news, local schools and sports news, church and charity news, municipal and crime news, lifestyle trends, entertainment news and more.
In addition to the trustworthy content the publication provides, the Germiston City News also sees itself as a member of the community it serves, and as such, is deeply committed to playing a positive role in Germiston’s future development.
Being digitally savvy, the newspaper has established a high quality website that breaks the latest news, ensuring that Germiston residents are always well-informed and that dependable information is never more than a few clicks away. In addition to the website, the Germiston City News makes extensive use of social media platforms and has a sizeable following.
The penetration and popularity of the Germiston City News has made the paper an ideal marketing channel for retailers, service providers and other businesses. This is to say that 30 500 copies are distributed weekly to households and strategic collection points, reaching an economically active market of household decision makers.