- Tabloid Newspaper
- Printed on Newsprint Paper
- 30 500 Copies Distributed
- Frequency: Weekly Wednesday
- Target Audience: Local Community
- Area of Distribution: Agavia, Appel Park, Boltonia, Breaunanda, Burgershoop, Chancliff, Dan Pienaarville, Factoria, Kenmare, Krugersdorp, Krugersdorp North, Krugersdorp West, Lewisham, Magalies, Tarlton, Muldersdrift, Mindalore, Monument, Muldersdrift, Noordheuwel & Extension, Quelleriepark, Rangeview, Rant en Dal, Silverfields, Tarlton, Wentworth
The ever-popular Krugersdorp News has been a leader in the community news industry since its founding in 1983. The vast experience the publication has gained over its many years has resulted in its moving from strength to strength, evolving and adapting to the ongoing and constant changes in the South African media landscape. The Krugersdorp News is today Krugersdorp’s premier source of local and community news, local government and municipal news, social awareness pages, charity news, school happenings and local sports news. The paper has incorporated other notable sections, including a comprehensive and informative property guide and the much-read automotive supplement, Auto Trader.
The editorial team, however, sees the Krugersdorp News as more than a credible and reliable news provider; this is to say that the newspaper is also an active and respected member of the residents it serves, and has become a vital “voice of the community”. Given the great work that the editorial team has done, the Krugersdorp News was identified as one of the top 5 free publications in the country at the 2011 Caxton Excellence Awards.
In addition to the provision of superior quality community news, the Krugersdorp News plays a key role in informing its readers about local retail and service offerings through the advertising sheets that are inserted into the paper. These inserts assist readers in drawing up weekly and monthly shopping lists, and also ensure that readers are getting the best value for their money. For established and emerging businesses, the paper is a truly effective marketing channel that speaks to household decision makers.
Statistics about the area in which the Krugersdorp News is distributed (Roots Survey 2013):
- The Krugersdorp News has a market penetration of 64%
- Krugersdorp News readers do much of their shopping at Key West Mall
- 56% are female, while 44% are male
- 66% are Afrikaans first language speakers
- 61% are employed full time
- 43% of households fall in the LSM 10 category and 33% in LSM 9
- 48% of Krugersdorp News readers fall into the 35-49 year age category
- Average household income is upwards of R25 000 pm
- 36% of purchase decision makers earn between R25 000 and R50 999pm