- Tabloid Newspaper
- Printed on Newsprint Paper
- 51,650 Copies Distributed Weekly
- Frequency: Weekly Wednesday
- Target Audience: Local Community
- Area of Distribution: Athol, Athol Gardens, Benmore Gardens, Bergvlei, Bramley North, Bryanston, Bryanston East, Bryanston West, Buccleuch, Cedar Park, Chislehurston, Clynton, Country Life Park, Cowdray Park, Cramerview, Dalecross, Dennehof, Douglasdale, Dunkeld West, Duxberry, Eastgate Ext’s, Edenburg, Epsom Downs, Gallo Manor, Glen Athol, Glenadrienne East, Glenadrienne West, Gleniffer, Hurl Park, Hurlingham, Hurlingham Gardens, Hurlingham Manor, Hydepark, Illovo, Inanda, Kelvin, Kelvin View, Khyber Rock, Kleve Hill Park, Kramerville, Little Fillian, Lyme Park, Marlboro Gardens, Mill Hill Ext, Moodie Hill, Morningside, Morningside Ext 40, Morningside Manor, Morniningside Hills, New Brighton, Northern Acres, Parkmore, Petervale, Raumarais, Riepen Park, River Club,Rivonia,Sandhurst Ext,Sandown,Sandton,Solridge,Strathavon,Sunset Acres,The Woodlands,Wendywood,Wierda Valley,Willowild,Woodmead East, Marlboro North,Wynberg.
Sandton is one of the most popular suburbs within South Africa and beyond. With a population of about 222,415 residents, Sandton is an affluent area situated within the metro of Johannesburg. Sandton derives its name from a combination of two of its suburbs Sandown and Bryanston. Over the years, much of the financial focus of Johannesburg has shifted from the Central Business District to Sandton. This has earned led to Sandton earning the title of being Africa’s richest square mile. The Sandton Central commercial node, centred on the suburbs of Sandown and Sandhurst has some of the best and most expensive commercial properties and offices in South Africa, and many of the banks and the Johannesburg’s stock exchange are found in Sandton.
Residents of Sandton and other surrounding communities have for years now depended on the Sandton Chronicle to be informed on news and events within the community. The Sandton Chronicle newspaper succeeds in uniting the community by reporting on newsworthy activities and events in its distribution area, at the same time acting as a “village notice board” who informs and educates the local community.
This newspaper is divided into different sections such as Leisure Options, Auto dealer and Property Week. The Leisure Options is an entertainment section and published every fortnight (mid-month and month-end) is a guide to the good life in Johannesburg and it caters for northern suburb affluent readers. It provides something for everyone … movie releases, info on music and books, must-see art expos, shopping, innovative décor ideas and information on what to do on a weekend, fun stuff for kids, travel, gardening, a food and wine section, fabulous giveaways and Best of Johannesburg Readers’ Choice Awards.
The Auto dealer section is a supplement of exceptionally high standard and attracts readers who follow launches, reviews and other industry news every week making it the perfect advertising opportunity for car dealers who want to reach the more affluent market. The Property Week section offers a golden opportunity for property agents to advertise their various properties on sale or for rent.
Statistics show that the largest percentage of decision makers that live in the Sandton area prefer reading the Sandton Chronicle. With 82,714 purchasing decision-makers and a substantial monthly income per household in this area it offers the perfect opportunity for businesses to advertise in the Sandton Chronicle to reach potential customers.
Sandton Chronicles 51,650 copies are distributed every Wednesday.