- Tabloid Newspaper
- Printed on Newsprint Paper
- 30 700 Copies Distributed Weekly
- Frequency: Weekly Wednesday/ Thursday
- Target Audience: Local Community
- Area of Distribution: Empangeni, Richards Bay, eSikhaleni, Macekane, Mandlazini, Ngwelezane, eNseleni, Mzingazi; bulk drops in Mtunzini, Pongola, KwaDlangezwa, eShowe, Melmoth, St Lucia, Mtubatuba, Kosi Bay, Nongoma, Ulundi, Mandini, iSithebe, Felixton, Hluhluwe, Mkhuze, Jozini, Gingindlovu, KwaMbonambi and Amatikulu.
Eyethu KwaZulu-Natal was born in 2008, and is currently the largest circulating black owned newspaper brand in the Province. A point of pride for Eyethu KZN is the fact that their 11 community based newspapers tally up a total of over 301 000 copies produced weekly. The readership is extensive, and it has worked hard to gain trust as a credible and unbiased source of important community news. Moreover, it is worth highlighting that whereas isiZulu has been neglected as a language in the media in the past, it is the language of choice in the Eyethu publications, naturally ensuring a large and loyal readership given KwaZulu-Natal’s demographic profile.
Eyethu Baywatch produces community based news that residents of Empangeni find interesting and applicable. As with all the titles associated with Eyethu, its mission is to be associated with the highest level of professionalism and journalistic integrity. Eyethu Baywatch further strives to build strong and trusting relationships with its audience and all stakeholders by being consistently excellent in whatever challenge may come their way.